9999 FELSTED FOOT PEDAL Recall
- 00E049000 on 09/10/2000
- Vehicle speed control:springs
- Equipment description: felsted llc electronic foot pedals containing stainless steel or yellow chromate zinc electroplated return springs manufactured from february 1, 1999, through august 4, 2000, and felsted llc electronic foot pedals containing black chromate zinc electroplated music wire return springs manufactured from may 4, 2000, though august 28, 2000. the return springs may break due to arcing during the electroplating process.
- If the spring breaks, the accelerator pedal will not return to idle, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash.
- Felsted notified their original equipment manufacturers (oem). the oems will conduct the notification and remedy campaign for their vehicles. vehicle manufacturers involved in this campaign are listed under 00v230.
- Owner notification began august 25, 2000.owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact felsted customer service at 660-269-4550. also contact the national highway traffic safety administration's auto safety hotline at 1-888-dash-2-dot (1-888-327-4236).
Home | Privacy