2012 BMW X6 SAC Recall
- 16V071000 on 02/07/2016
- Air bags:frontal:driver side inflator module
- Bmw of north america, llc (bmw) is recalling certain model year 2008-2013 128i and 135i coupes and convertibles and 1 series m coupes, 2006-2011 325i, 325xi, 328i, 328xi, 328i xdrive, 330i, 330xi, 335i, 335xi, 335i xdrive sedans, 2009-2011 335d sedans, 2006-2012 325xit, 328i and 328xi sports wagons, 2007-2013 328i, 328xi, 328i xdrive, 335i, 335xi, 335i xdrive, 335is and m3 coupes and convertibles, 2013-2015 x1 sdrive28i, x1 xdrive28i and x1 xdrive35i savs, 2007-2010 x3 xdrive30i savs, 2007-2013 x5 xdrive30i, x5 xdrive35i, x5 xdrive48i, x5 xdrive50i and x5 m savs, 2009-2013 bmw x5 xdrive35d savs, 2008-2014 x6 xdrive35i, x6 xdrive50i, and x6 m sacs, 2010-2011 bmw x6 xdrive50i sacs and 2008-2011 m3 sedan vehicles. upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture.
- In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
- Bmw will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module or inflator depending on the vehicle model, free of charge. the recall began march 9, 2018. owners may contact bmw customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Owners may also contact the national highway traffic safety administration vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (tty 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Home | Privacy