2000 BMW 320 Recall
- 17V047000 on 01/25/2017
- Air bags:frontal:driver side inflator module
- 06/01/2000 - 12/28/2001
- Bmw of north america, llc (bmw) is recalling certain 2000-2002 bmw 320i, 323i, 325i, 325xi, 330i, 330xi, 323ci, 325ci, 330ci, m3, 323it, 325it and 325xit vehicles, 2001-2002 525i, 530i, 540i, m5, 525it and 540it vehicles, and 2001-2003 x5 3.0i, x5 4.4i, and x5 4.6is vehicles. these vehicles may have had a driver-side air bag module installed as replacement equipment such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bag, or as a remedy part for a prior recall. these replacement modules contain an air bag inflator that may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to lower absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
- Bmw will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the driver side air bag module, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. the recall began march 15, 2017. owners may contact bmw customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Owners may also contact the national highway traffic safety administration vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (tty 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Home | Privacy