1999 BMW 740IL Recall
- 10E021000 on 05/26/2010
- Fcp groton is recalling certain steering center drag links, p/n 32 21 1 096 057, sold from december 1, 2009 through april 9, 2010 as replacement equipment for model year 1995 through 2001 bmw 740i, 740il, and 750il passenger vehicles. the shaft of the steering center tie rod may shear off.
- This condition would result, without warning, in immediate and complete loss of vehicle control, possibly resulting in serious injury or death.
- Fcp groton will notify owners and the tie rod will be replaced free of charge. the safety recall is expected to begin on or about june 1, 2010. owners may contact fcp groton toll-free at 1-877-634-0063.
- This recall only pertains to aftermarket fcp groton steering center drag links bearing p/n 32 21 1 096 057 sold from december 1, 2009 through april 9, 2010 and has no relation to any original equipment installed on any vehicles manufactured by bmw.owners may also contact the national highway traffic safety administration's vehicle safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (tty 1-800-424-9153), or go to <a href=http://www.safercar.gov>http://www.safercar.gov</a> .
1999 BMW 740IL TSBs (2)
- 355200 equipment:other:owners/service/other manual
- Service action: program dme: the incorrect dataset could be programmed into dme 5.2.1 control module.
- 060000 engine and engine cooling
- Service action: program dme (for o2 sensors): due to dme software error, the following oxygen sensors plausibility fault codes may be stored in dme 5.2.1 control module:
Home | Privacy