1993 BMW 740IL Recall
- 96V111000 on 07/07/1996
- Service brakes, hydraulic:switches:brake light
- 12/31/1989 - 02/28/1994
- The brake light switch can fail allowing the switch to remain in the "brake lights off" position or in the "brake lights on" position.
- If this happens, the brake lights either will not operate or will be continuously on, regardless of brake pedal position. following drivers would not be able to determine whether the vehicle is stopping, increasing the potential for a vehicle accident.
- Dealers will replace the existing brake light switch with a newly designed switch.
- System: brakes; hydraulic; switch; brake light. vehicle description: passenger vehicles. owner notification: owner notification is expected to begin august 5, 1996. note: owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact bmw at 1-800-831-1117. also contact the national highway traffic safety administration's auto safety hotline at 1-800-424-9393.
Home | Privacy