1992 BMW 850CSI Recall
- 98V178000 on 08/13/1998
- Engine and engine cooling:cooling system
- 03/31/1990 - 11/29/1994
- Vehicle description: passenger vehicles. a malfunction or failure of a coolant system component, such as a thermostat, water pump, or fan belt, can result in significantly increased coolant temperature and system pressure. if the indications of a critical overheating condition is not noticed by the driver, it is possible that damage to, or failure of, a coolant system component could occur.
- If a crack were to form or a seam were to separate in the heater core end piece, hot coolant could suddenly be expelled, increasing the risk of personal injury to a vehicle occupant.
- Dealers will install a new design radiator cap to control pressure and provide greater coolant overflow in the event of overheating.
- Owner notification began march 31, 1999. owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact bmw at 1-800-831-1117.also contact the national highway traffic safety administration's auto safety hotline at 1-888-dash-2-dot (1-888-327-4236).
Home | Privacy